A Woodsy Green Wedding on Another ContinentI love the latest trend of woodsy-chic decor for events: ferns, elves and mushrooms. It brings us back to nature, and in return, we plan our weddings and events to keep nature healthy. Why not support our little friends, the elves, fairies, deer and woodpeckers? The photographer for this wedding contacted me, and although the event took place in Australia, I just had to post it. Not only is it a beautifully shot affair, but the overall romantic and earthy vibe is really strong and ethereal. The photographer is apparently the first eco-friendly photographer in Australia. And besides her green life practices, she does some great sustainable business practices as well. Check out what this Australian Eco-friendly photographer, Holly Cottingham, had to say: 1. When did you start your green business? My business has been going for about 3-4 years, however only this year have I begun on the green route. 2. Why did you? I changed my direction because I feel that we can change the world through our purchases. Also, I feel that using recycled paper is just a basic thing that we can do with no extra effort, plus I was never really fond of the standard wedding albums. 3. What are the ways in which you are green/Eco-friendly/sustainable? The ways that I am eco friendly in my business:
- Paperless workflow – everything except business cards is online
- Accepting direct deposit – most people have online banking now anyway and it’s easier for both of us, no more running to the bank!
- Online proofing – there’s nothing worse than a huge amount of prints that you’ll never look at
- Recycled paper –business cards are printed on recycled paper
- Digital files – today the easiest way for people to show photos to friends is online
- Eco matte photo prints – made from 100% post-consumer recycled waste though you wouldn’t know it, beautifully soft with little speckling
- How are you green in other aspects of your life?
Here are some beautiful pics of the wedding itself:
The happy couple
I love the simple citrus decor. It's something I hope to include in a Gorgeous and Green Event in the coming months. Yum!
The blooms from the tree are beautiful, and the overall sepia tones are so romantic.
I love this little nature scene on the cake. Those little forest people are so cute!
Thanks to the photographer from
In Green, Ferns, Elves and Health